Hhhm Perfectionism. It’s a thing a lot of people struggle with and I can hear the inner critic of all you perfectionists say ” It does have to be perfect!”.
So I wanted to take the time to delve into how to identify if you are a perfectionist and how to slowly develop your ability to be ok when things are not perfect so you can strive for progress, not perfection.
Do you have perfectionist tendencies?
- Do you expect a high standard from everyone around you–and find yourself getting frustrated with other peoples lack of standards?
- Do you take way too long to get things done? Always reading it over, revising it, perfecting it.
- Do you view mistakes as proof you’re inadequate?
- Do you struggle to celebrate your success?
- Do you avoid doing things in case you fail?
- Do you attach your self worth to achieving and accomplishing or validation from others?
- Are you never satisfied with what you create?
- Do you get stuck in a comparison spiral?
Let’s create awareness so you can stop striving for perfection and start striving for progress.
Today on the podcast I take you through the 9 steps you can take to overcome perfectionism and start becoming the person you want to be and start living your fullest life!
- It steals your joy.
- It steals your self-confidence.
- It steals your ability to get things done.
- It steals your passion.
- It steals your self-acceptance.
- It steals your ability to grow.
Let’s create the awareness and start striving for progress not perfectionism.
Here are the 9 steps you can take to overcome perfectionism and start enjoying the journey.
1.Fear of being judged -real talk – you are your harshest critic, it’s time to practice being kinder to yourself, becoming aware of when you are judging yourself and learn to bring kindness to your self judgments.
2. Is it really perfect unless it’s done, out there in the world and you’re getting the feedback to know if it works, if it’s right, if it’s working?
3.Learning to accept feedback.
4.Strive for progress rather than perfection
5.Celebrate your mistakes – failure is the first steps to success
6. Put a deadline on your perfectionism
7.Stop comparing yourself to other people Compare yourself to yourself. …Accept that you are human and so are everyone else. …
8. Learning to receive
9. Enjoy the journey
Want to find out more about the Client Attraction Masterclass? Click Here: https://christinecorcoran.com.au/masterclass/